Situation: A customer’s car needs a paint job. John wants to create a work order.
After signing in to Mixit, click on the "Work order" tab. Then click on "Create workorder Item".
Work order information can be categorized in the following ways -
- Work order Info: This category holds work order information that identifies the job/repair.
- Work order number: A unique and mandatory field that is entered by the Mixit user to identify a work order.
- Status: There are two valid work order states - Open and Closed. Default state is Open.
- Description: Any notes or remarks about the repair.
- Vehicle Information: Data about the vehicle
- Brand: The brand of the repaired vehicle. E.g. Toyota
- Model: Model of the vehicle. E.g. Prius
- Vehicle Identification Number: An identification code that is used to identify the specific vehicle.
- License Plate: License registration number.
- Vehicle Information: Any general remarks about the vehicle or the owner of the vehicle.
- Work Provider: This field is used to note the work provider or the insurance company. Please make sure that the work provider field is entered in the same way for different work orders so that a report can be generated.
- Repair Information: Data about the actual repair or job.
- Number of Fixed Panels: The number of panels that are being repaired. It need not be a whole number. For e.g. 1.5 is an acceptable value.
- Due Date: When the work order is due.
- Notes: Any remarks about the job.
- Auditing data: These are auto-populated by Mixit
- Created By: Who (Mixit user) created the work order
- Creation Date: When was the work order created
- Closed Date: When was the work order closed. This field is blank for open work orders.
Once a work order is created, you can search for it using any of the meta-information above such as Brand, Model, Number, License Plate, etc.