MIXIT can send mix consumption information in real-time to a 3rd party Information Management System (IMS) for specific shops that are customers of both MIXIT and the IMS. The information is sent using the Mix Consumption API defined and implemented by the IMS according to our API specification.
How Mix Consumption API works
The integration works by creating the Mix Consumption API on your side according to this OpenApi specification. When a mix consumption happens on a scale connected to MIXIT, MIXIT will send a consumption message to your IMS via the Mix Consumption API in real time with all the poured paint components and their consumed amount. It also sends information about the used mix room and scale, attached repair orders, and the mix number. This information is split into two types of messages, initial and partial.
- Initial mix consumption messages contain the first registered mix consumption of a mix. It contains the following information:
- Mix id (identifier within MIXIT)
- Mix description
- Mix date
- Mix number
- User that mixed
- Shop id (identifier within MIXIT)
- Repair order information
- Scale id
- Mix room information
- Mix state
- Partial mix consumption messages contain only the changed paint components and their amounts since the last message was sent. This message also contains the repair orders and the mix room information, all other information present in an initial message is omitted.
So for example, if a body shop starts a mix and pauses halfway there is an initial mix consumption message sent. This contains all the components that have been consumed up until the mix was paused.
Now when the user resumes the mix there is a partial message sent that contains only the paint components that were poured since the previous message was sent.
For more details about the payload of these messages please see the documentation here.
Steps to integrate
Obtain approval: You need approval from your AkzoNobel account manager.
- Create an API: You need to define and implement the Mix Consumption API that respects this OpenAPI specification.
- Setup your API in MIXIT: We will need the URI of your Mix Consumption API and the API key that is needed to authorize the requests.
- Integration tests: Once everything is set up, we can start with the integration tests with a test shop in our production environment.
- Use in production: Now that everything is set up and working correctly we can start connecting the bodyshops to use MIXIT and your IMS. The AkzoNobel support staff will enable the connection between MIXIT and your IMS for each shop.