As of January 2021, we have introduced the Price-per-can functionality which enables the Shop Owners to enter the price per marketing item (also known as price per can) in the Inventory page.
By the end of 2021 Q1 we need all the shops to start entering the price per can instead of price per component so that they take advantage of new features: price per can, retail prices, bank search and smart search return results taking into consideration only the stock toners, UFI labels.
Strategy to move the VR, SIGN, and Yacht shops to Price-per-can:
- the shops not using Product Management: some technical adjustments will automatically be done by the development team.
- the shops not using the Pricing Module: will be automatically moved by the development team and they will keep the product selection.
- the shops using the Pricing Module: need to be moved manually by the TechRep or Color IT Champion.
The Aerospace shops will keep on using the Product Management functionality and not Price-per-can because they do not use PMMT.
In order to manually move a shop to use "Price per can", Akzo Support needs to go to Manage >> Shops, find the shop, and click on "UPDATE SHOP TO PRICE PER CAN". Now the shop users will see the Settings >> Inventory page with all the previously selected toners, but with empty prices and markups.
Below you can find the step-by-step instructions:
- the action can be performed only by a MIXIT user with the Support role
- all the existing prices of the shop and the markups will be removed and set to zero. There are 2 methods to re-enter the prices: the Shop Owner enters them manually or the Akzo Support enables Retail-list-prices and copies the retail list prices from a source shop. There is one way to re-enter the markups: the Shop Owner enters them manually.
- the previously selected marketing items will stay the same.
- once the shop is moved to Price-per-can, it cannot be moved back.
- once the shop is moved to Price-per-can, the functionality Retail-list-prices and copy retail list prices between shops is enabled for the shop too.