In MIXIT there are two ways to create your own colors: by saving an existing mix as your own variant or you can create a new custom color from scratch. This article explains how to create a color from scratch.
Note: If you are interested in creating your own variant from a mix, then please read this article.
Steps for creating a new custom color:
- on the My Own Colors page, select the "Create new own color" card
- enter the basic information: owner type, product line, provide a name and description, and click Save. The Own Color has been created and you are redirected now to the edit page to enter more information.
- add one or more layers. For each layer indicate the toners used and their quantities in grams. Please note: MIXIT will translate these quantities to concentrations which will be used to calculate the formula for any desired mix quantity you need.
- attach a measurement so that you can find this color by performing a measurement search (also known as a banksearch)
- enter some tags so that you can easily find the color by performing a search on the Home or the My Own Colors page.
- Automotive tags: automotive tags contain information about the car brand, model, and production years.
- Custom tags: you can add any information you want here. We suggest capturing here the work order or license plate for future reuse.
Frequently asked questions:
- Why does MIXIT suggest an improved formula?
- What do I do if I disagree with the suggested improved formula?
- Concentration is too high
- The quantities change when I re-open the color formula
- I cannot find my own color via banksearch
- Why is there an exclamation triangle?
- Why is my component colored in red?
Why is MIXIT suggesting an improved formula?
- the order of the components to be mixed
- the concentrations can be changed
- a new binder might be added
What do I do if I disagree with the suggested improved formula?
Why do I get the message that TonerList should contain more than one toner?
When the shop has no marketing items selected then when saving the created custom color you will see a message similar to the one below:
To solve the issue, you need to enable toners on the Product Management page.
Why do I get the message the concentration is too high?
|E87NG - Silver Red pearl
|U100 - White High Strength
the weight of toner divided by the total weight of the formula
I cannot find my own color via bank search
Why is there an exclamation triangle after my component?
Why is my component colored red?